Wednesday, July 22, 2009
London On Tap For Friday/Saturday
London will be one of the final tune ups before the big party in Berlin. As such it will be one of the best attended venues by top athletes this season. So we'll get a peak at some of the athletes that should shape events in Berlin.
Among those in attendance we will get a look at:
• 4x1 relay squads from the US and Jamaica.
• Long jump leader Dwight Phillips (US) against Australian upstarts Fabrice Lapierre and Mitchell Watt.
• 400 hurdle leader Lashinda Demus (US) and Olympic champ Melaine Walker (JAM).
• 100 hurdle leader Lolo Jones fresh off her 12.47 effort.
• 200 leader Tyson Gay in his final 200 before Berlin.
• A deep 100 meters that includes: WR holder Usain Bolt (JAM), former WR holder Asafa Powell (JAM) and rising sprinters Daniel Bailey (ANT), Yohan Blake (JAM), Ivory Williams (US) and Simeon Williamson (GBR).
With the World Championships scheduled to begin on Aug 15, London, Monaco and Stockholm will be the final big competitions before the start of Worlds. So we should expect to see some stellar performances as athletes should be nearing their peak for Worlds!
List of athletes and events can be found here.
The meet will be broadcast online live on Universal Sports.